- Faiz M Khan PhD Professor Emeritus, Department of Therapeutic Radiology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
- John P Gibbons PhD Chief of Clinical PhysicsMedical PhysicsMary Bird Perkins Cancer CenterBaton Rouge, Louisiana
Expand your understanding of the physics and practical clinical applications of advanced radiation therapy technologies with Khan’s The Physics of Radiation Therapy, 5th edition, the book that set the standard in the field. This classic full-color text helps the entire radiation therapy team—radiation oncologists, medical physicists, dosimetrists, and radiation therapists—develop a thorough understanding of 3D conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT), stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), high dose-rate remote afterloaders (HDR), intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT), and proton beam therapy, as well as the physical concepts underlying treatment planning, treatment delivery, and dosimetry.
In preparing this new Fifth Edition, Dr. Kahn and new co-author Dr. John Gibbons made chapter-by-chapter revisions in the light of the latest developments in the field, adding new discussions, a new chapter, and new color illustrations throughout. Now even more precise and relevant, this edition is ideal as a reference book for practitioners, a textbook for students, and a constant companion for those preparing for their board exams.
- Stay on top of the latest advances in the field with new sections and/or discussions of Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT), and the Failure Mode Event Analysis (FMEA) approach to quality assurance.
- Deepen your knowledge of Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) through a completely new chapter that covers SBRT in greater detail.
- Expand your visual understanding with new full color illustrations that reflect current practice and depict new procedures.
- Access the authoritative information you need fast through the new companion website which features fully searchable text and an image bank for greater convenience in studying and teaching.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!