- Dr. William O. Tatum, IV, DO, is Professor, Department of Neurology, Mayo College of Medicine and Director, Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida
A trusted resource for anyone involved in EEG interpretation, this compact handbook is designed for on-the-go reference. Covering the essential components of EEG in clinical practice, the book provides graphic examples of classic EEG presentations with essential text points of critical information to enhance reading skills to aid in improving patient outcomes. Authored by prominent experts in clinical neurophysiology, this second edition is updated to reflect current advances in ICU and intraoperative monitoring and includes new chapters on polysomnography, status epilepticus, and pediatric EEG.
The Handbook of EEG Interpretation, Second Edition fits in a lab coat pocket to facilitate immediate information retrieval during bedside, OR, ER, and ICU EEG interpretation. It is divided into eight sections that cover all major EEG topics including normal and normal variants, epileptiform and nonepileptiform abnormalities, seizures and status epilepticus, ICU EEG, sleep, and intraoperative monitoring. Each chapter highlights the principal challenges involved with a particular type of EEG interpretation. Consistently formatted and packed with practical tips, this handbook is a highly useful tool for residents, fellows, clinicians, and neurophysiology technologists looking for quick and reliable EEG information, regardless of specialty or level of training.
Key Features of Handbook of EEG Interpretation, Second Edition:
- Updated and expanded to reflect advances in clinical EEG applications, including three new dedicated chapters
- Addresses all areas of EEG interpretation in a concise, pocket-sized, easy-to-access format
- Provides organized information and a visual approach to identifying EEG waveforms and understanding their clinical significance
- Presents information consistently for structured review and rapid retrieval
- Includes practical tips by notable experts throughout
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!