- Jonathan P. Wyatt, Consultant in Emergency Medicine and Forensic Physician, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, UK,
- Robin N. Illingworth, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, St James’s University Hospital, Leeds, UK,
- Colin A. Graham, Professor, Emergency Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China,
- Kerstin Hogg, Lecturer in Emergency Medicine, University of Manchester, UK
- Colin Robertson, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, UK
- Michael Clancy, Professor of Emergency Medicine, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, UK
Fully revised and updated, the Oxford Handbook of Emergency Medicine is the definitive, best-selling guide for all of the common conditions that present to the emergency department. Whether you work in emergency medicine, or just want to be prepared, this book will be your essential guide.
Following the latest clinical guidelines and evidence, written and reviewed by experts, this handbook will ensure you are up to date and have the confidence to deal with all emergency presentations, practices, and procedures. In line with the latest developments in the field, such as infection control, DNR orders, advanced directives and learning disability, the book also includes new sections specifically outlining patient advice and information, as well as new and revised vital information on paediatrics and psychiatry. For all junior doctors, specialist nurses, paramedics, clinical students, GPs and other allied health professionals, this rapid-reference handbook will become a vital companion for both study and practice.
- The best-selling handbook for all those involved in emergency medicine
- Covers all the conditions that commonly present to the emergency department making it the perfect practical guide
- Incorporates the latest treatment guidelines including information on resuscitation, DNR orders, infection control and learning disability
New to this edition
- Includes new revised 2010 Resuscitation Council guidelines
- New sections outline patient advice and information
- Incorporates latest developments in emergency medicine
- Expansion of information on paediatrics and psychiatry
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!