- Michael J Gibney, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
- Marinos Elia, Institute of Human Nutrition, University of Southampton, UK
- Olle Ljungquist, Centre for Gastrointestinal Disease, Stockholm, Sweden
- Julie Dowsett, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
This second edition of Clinical Nutrition, in the acclaimed textbook series by the Nutrition Society, has been revised and updated in order to:
- Provide students with the required scientific basis in nutrition, in the context of a systems and health approach.
- Enable teachers and students to explore the core principles of nutrition and to apply these throughout their training to foster critical thinking at all times. Each chapter identifies the key areas of knowledge that must be understood and also the key points of critical thought that must accompany the acquisition of this knowledge.
- Are fully peer reviewed to ensure completeness and clarity of content, as well as to ensure that each book takes a global perspective and is applicable for use by nutritionists and on nutrition courses throughout the world.
Ground breaking in scope and approach, with an additional chapter on nutritional screening and a student companion website, this second edition is designed for use on nutrition courses throughout the world and is intended for those with an interest in nutrition in a clinical setting. Covering the scientific basis underlying nutritional support, medical ethics and nutritional counselling, it focuses solely on the sick and metabolically compromised patient, dealing with clinical nutrition on a system by system basis making the information more accessible to the students.
This is an essential purchase for students of nutrition and dietetics, and also for those students who major in other subjects that have a nutrition component, such as food science, medicine, pharmacy and nursing. Professionals in nutrition, dietetics, food sciences, medicine, health sciences and many related areas will also find this an important resource.
Libraries in universities, medical schools and establishments teaching and researching in the area of nutrition will find Clinical Nutrition a valuable addition to their shelves.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!