- Andrew T. Raftery, BSc, MD, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Ed), Formerly Consultant Surgeon, Sheffield Kidney Institute, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield; Member (formerly Chairman), Court of Examiners, Royal College of Surgeons of England; Formerly Member of Panel of Examiners, Intercollegiate Speciality Board in General Surgery; Formerly Member of Council, Royal College of Surgeons of England; Formerly Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer in Surgery, University of Sheffield, UK.
- Eric Kian Saik Lim, MB, ChB, MSc, MD, FRCS(C-Th), Consultant Thoracic Surgeon, Royal Brompton Hospital, London; Senior Lecturer in Thoracic Surgery, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK
- Andrew J K Ostor, MB BS FRACP, Consultant Rheumatologist & Associate Lecturer, School of Clinical Medicine; Director, Rheumatology Clinical Research Unit,University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Being able to make a correct diagnosis is one of the key aspects of every medical student’s and junior doctor’s clinical training. Problem-based learning is increasingly being used to focus on the causes behind the presentation of a clinical feature. The Third Edition of this best-selling book is packed full of information to help the reader move from a presenting problem to an accurate diagnosis.
New to This Edition
- Now printed in colour throughout, with the relative frequency of the various conditions illustrated by colour coding, indicating common, occasional or rare causes. Important geographical variations are also highlighted
- Seven new chapters including rashes, thirst, and tiredness
- Two new sections on the differential diagnosis of biochemical and haematological disorders provide a ready check when reviewing abnormal results
- Each chapter ends with a key points section to highlight major aspects of the diagnosis
- An enlarged author team represents both medicine and surgery
- Covers 126 common presenting problems in both medicine and surgery in a consistent format
- Each topic includes a list of all common causes of the condition
- Key features of the various permutations are clearly discussed
- Includes a targeted guide to the relevant general and specific follow-up investigations which should be carried out as appropriate
Original PDF format
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!