by Brian Lacy (Editor)
Are you looking for concise, practical answers to questions that are often left unanswered by traditional IBS references that are not designed for gastroenterologists? Are you seeking brief, evidence-based advice for complicated cases or patients with complications that need management? Curbside Consultation in IBS: 49 Clinical Questions provides quick and direct answers to the thorny questions commonly posed during a “curbside consultation” between colleagues.
Dr. Brian E. Lacy has designed this unique reference, which offers expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions commonly associated with IBS. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to IBS with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Numerous images, diagrams, and references are included to enhance the text and to illustrate the treatment of IBS patients.
Some of the questions that are answered:
• How can you safely and effectively diagnose IBS? Are diagnostic tests required, and if so, what are they?
• What should I tell my patient about the natural history of IBS? What other disorders are commonly found in IBS patients?
• What dietary interventions will help my patient?
• What is the role of probiotics in my patient? Why do they work and are they all the same?
• Are there new therapies for IBS? What about antibiotics? What is linaclotide and why might it help my patient?
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!