by Henry Parkman (Editor), Richard McCallum (Editor), Satish Rao (Editor)
Drs. Henry P. Parkman, Richard W. McCallum, Satish S.C. Rao, and their contributors carefully detail the wide range of procedures that are used for the evaluation of patients in the GI motility laboratory. Inside GI Motility Testing, each chapter has been comprehensively written and fully illustrated with examples of tracings and studies. This detailed book discusses the most up-to-date equipment and technology, while providing a solid understanding of normal and abnormal manometry patterns as well as information on billing and coding.
Some Chapter Topics Include:
• Impedance Studies, High Resolution Manometry and Sensitivity Testing in Assessing Esophageal Disorders
• Gastric Emptying Scintigraphy
• Breath Testing for Carbohydrate Malabsorption and Bacterial Overgrowth
• Assessment of Gut Transit with Radiopaque Markers and Scintigraphy
• Novel Tests such as Wireless Motility Capsule for Evaluation of Regional and Whole Gut Transit/Motility
• Functional Brain Imaging in GI Neurophysiology
• Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Fecal Incontinence
GI Motility Testing: A Laboratory and Office Handbook carefully explains how to integrate diagnostic information into decision making for day-to-day patient care, making it ideal for gastroenterologists, surgeons, GI fellows , internists, physician assistants, technicians, nurses, and nurse practitioners.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!