by Atif, Ed. Zaman Ed.
Managing the Complications of Cirrhosis: A Practical Approach is a simple pocket guide for the community gastroenterologist and primary care provider who manages liver disease. While there are other books on the market available on the management of cirrhosis, this reference includes information geared toward the busy practitioner, allowing the reader to reference a chapter that easily addresses the clinical issue at hand. Dr. Atif Zaman provides essential and current information on the management of cirrhosis for the non-hepatologist. Each chapter in Managing the Complications of Cirrhosis: A Practical Approach is broken down into four sections, including a summary of the issue at hand, diagnosing the problem, treating algorithm in a figure, and what to do if the treatment algorithm is ineffective. In addition, each chapter highlights complex cases that have no standard treatment, but have emerging concepts or data. Chapter Topics Include:
• Preventative health issues in patients with cirrhosis
• Nutrition in patients with cirrhosis
• Management of heptocellular carcinoma
• Pulmonary issues in patients with cirrhosis
• Timing for referral for liver transplant With algorithms, tables, and tabbed chapters for easy access to information, Managing the Complications of Cirrhosis: A Practical Approach is the perfect book for all community gastroenterologists, primary care practitioners, medical residents and fellows, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners who provide care in the area of liver disease.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!