by Nancy Berryman Reese
Significantly revised and updated, the 2nd edition of Muscle and Sensory Testing incorporates precise anatomic testing techniques in a well-organized and easy-to-use format. It features a unique chapter on sensory testing, illustrations of gravity-resisted and gravity-eliminated positions for testing, and a chapter on using observational gait analysis as a screening tool for muscle testing. Photographs of testing procedures and line drawings are included; the line drawings of muscles are now enhanced to show innervations. This new edition also includes a DVD-ROM with valuable additional material. Instructor resources available; contact your sales representative for details.
- Provides clear, easy-to-follow instructions for manual muscle testing
- Superb illustrations help readers visualize how the test is to be performed
- Explains testing for trunk and extremity muscles an
- provides information on hand-held dynamometry
- Enhances knowledge on how to perform manual muscle testing on infants
- Presents an overview of the neurological screening exam, how to perform it, and how to interpret the results
- Provides the reader with a resource for gait deviations and associated muscle weakness
- Contains an evaluation of the most current research in the field of muscle testing
- Includes case studies and clinical notes in each chapter
- Features a new chapter on functional muscle testing
- Contains a companion DVD-ROM with muscle tests and techniques of sensory and neurologic testing
- Reorganizes the overall format of the text to coincide with the formatting used in Reese and Bandy’s Joint Range of Motion and Muscle Length Testing
- Reflects the most current literature in the areas of manual muscle testing, pediatric muscle testing, hand-held dynamometry, the neurologic screening examination (including sensory testing), and gait
- Updates line drawings to include muscle innervations
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!