by Johns Hopkins Hospital, Jamie Laubisch, Branden Engorn
For more than 50 years, The Harriet Lane Handbook has been the pediatrician’s reference of choice in hospitals nationwide-and for good reason. Its unsurpassed diagnostic and management guidance, recommended tests, complete therapeutic information, and a comprehensive drug formulary make it essential for anyone who treats children. Now, the 16th Edition is completely revised and updated to provide the latest treatments, guidelines, and management recommendations.
- Organizes a wealth of information into a convenient, pocket-sized, outline format.
- Focuses on the safety and efficacy of drugs in children.
- Covers FDA Pregnancy Category notations and information on the effects of drugs in breast milk.
- Includes step-by-step emergency management protocols, growth charts, and more.
- Revises all chapters to ensure that procedures, protocols, and therapeutic and drug information are up to date.
- Offers a brand-new dermatology chapter with over 30 color figures, new CDC growth charts, and a new section on behavioral milestones.
- Updates the formulary with the latest approved drugs.
- Includes a revised radiology chapter with new radiographs.
- Features topic-related websites and current references.
- Provides many new illustrations and more easy-to-read algorithms.
The book contains both black-and-white and color illustrations.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!