by David Cifu, Henry Lew
Handbook of Polytrauma Care and Rehabilitation summarizes the most frequent medical and psychological problems encountered by combat survivors and patients with concurrent injuries to the brain and other body systems. The book offers a roadmap for clinicians on how to initiate and follow through the continuum of care necessary to achieving positive outcomes. Individual chapters focus on the myriad problems and conditions that polytrauma patients present with including traumatic brain injury, concussion, spinal cord injury,, amputation, and PTSD, and other medical and psychological issues such as pain, depression, headache, insomnia, fatigue, alcohol and substance abuse, dizziness, light sensitivity, and work and family issues. Algorithms and detailed appendices provide guides for assessment and medical treatment that can be used in daily practice.
Handbook of Polytrauma Care and Rehabilitation features:
- First handbook focused on polytrauma
- Practical, pocket-sized manual featuring real-world care for common problems
- Covers medical, physical, psychological, and vocational issues
- Easy to read text, with flow charts to highlight key concepts
- Authors work directly with the VA, military and academic sectors in the care of these patients
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!