- Donald Oxorn, MD, CM, FRCPC, FACC, DNBE, Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, Division of Cardio-Thoracic Anesthesia, Adjunct Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA;
- Catherine M. Otto, MD, Professor of Medicine, Director, Cardiology Fellowship Programs, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
This outstanding new atlas makes it easy to interpret intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography findings for both healthy and diseased patients. A multidisciplinary team uses clinical case studies to explore the characteristic intraoperative TEE findings for every type of cardiac abnormality, along with correlative imaging and pathology findings. Videos on the accompanying DVD demonstrate echocardiograms, cardiac catheterizations, and surgical procedures. The result is an outstanding way make sure you are obtaining the maximum diagnostic benefit from this versatile modality.
- Covers every aspect of intraoperative TEE for the most common cardiovascular anomalies as well as for normal presentations.
- Uses a case-based approach to explore the typical clinical presentation and corresponding TEE findings for each abnormality, to parallel clinical practice.
- Provides correlative CT and MR images, X-rays, intraoperative photographs, pathological specimens, and line drawings to help you understand what is shown in each TEE image.
- Offers a unique view of TEE from cardiology, anesthesiology, pharmacology, and surgery perspectives.
- Includes a DVD with videos demonstrating echocardiograms, cardiac catheterizations, and surgical procedures.
- Covers all main diseases, including adult congenital heart disease, with a problem-based approach to echocardiography.
- Reviews basic principles for evaluation, the echocardiographic approach, differential diagnosis, limitations, and technical considerations for each disease, as well as alternate diagnostic approaches.
- Enables you to perform procedures correctly and recognize inadequate data with coverage of technical details for data acquisition and limitations of each echocardiographic approach.
- Emphasizes alternative diagnostic approaches to help you solve clinical problems when echocardiography does not provide a definitive answer.
- Includes The Echo Exam (a brief summary of how to do it, the necessary calculations, diagnosis and examples) as an appendix for review and reinforcement.
Original PDF format
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!