- Polly E. Parsons, MD, E.L. Amidon Professor and Chair, Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine; Medicine Health Care Service Leader, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont
- Jeanine P. Wiener-Kronish, MD, Henry Isaiah Dorr Professor of Research and Teaching in Anesthetics and Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School; Anesthestist-in-Chief, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Get the most out of your study and review with Critical Care Secrets! This easy-to-read book uses the popular and trusted Secrets Series® question-and-answer format to cover all areas of critical care medicine, focusing on the practical, “in-the-trenches” know-how you need to succeed both in practice, and on board and recertification exams. The easy-to-read approach of the Secrets books has been serving medical professionals for decades.
New to This Edition
- Gain a new perspective on today’s hot topics with new coverage of encephalitis, acute abdomen, antidepressants, and much more.
- Stay up to date with all-new chapters on General Approach to Trauma Victims, Arterial and Central Venous Lines, ICU Ultrasound, Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenator (ECMO), H1N1/Influenza, Immunocompromised Host, Glycemic Control in the ICU, Disaster Medicine, Toxic Alcohols, Cardiovascular Drugs, Palliative Care, and Organ Donation.
- Learn from the experience of international experts, many of whom are new to this edition and offer a fresh viewpoint on critical care.
- Expedite your reference and review with a question-and-answer format that’s conversational and easy to read.
- Zero in on key information with bulleted lists, mnemonics, practical tips from the authors, and “Key Points” boxes that provide a concise overview of important board-relevant content.
- Explore effective solutions to patients’ medical and ethical problems related to a wide range of specialties, including pulmonology, surgery, anesthesiology, pharmacy, and infectious disease.
- Get the evidence-based guidance you need to provide optimal care for the critically ill.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!