by Joseph Mathew, Madhav Swaminathan, Chakib Ayoub
A complete, full-color clinical manual and review of TEE
4 STAR DOODY’S REVIEW!
“This is an excellent addition to the library of books on TEE. It is concise yet thorough, well written with excellent illustrations, graphs, and tables that enhance the reading, and provides an outstanding review of the subject. I would highly recommend this to all cardiothoracic anesthesiologists, especially fellows in training.”—Doody’s Review Service
“All in all, the second edition of the Clinical Manual and Review of Transesophageal Echocardiography is a very solid entry into what I would consider the “board preparation” category of echocardiography textbooks. The chapters are concise and well illustrated, and most have an extensive number of questions that allow readers to identify topics that they may need to review in greater depth. With expert contributing authors and sound editing, the second edition of this book would be a valuable addition to the library of anesthesiologists interested in a text covering the breadth of topics related to perioperative echocardiography.”—Anesthesia & Analgesia
“This represents a herculean editorial challenge as to the educational framework required by the various audiences who use this book to guide clinical care as well as study for Board examinations: resident, fellow, and attending physician. The challenge is to make this text useful to the novice and serve as a resource for the experienced clinician….[The book] represents a narrative and graphic standard that will enhance the knowledge of the reader and facilitate application of exemplary clinical care to high-risk patients in the perioperative period.”—Paul Barash, MD, Professor of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine, from the foreword
Clinical Manual and Review of Transesophageal Echocardiography offers concise yet comprehensive coverage of the key principles, concepts, and developing practice of TEE. Each chapter provides a summary of the physiology, pathophysiology, tomographic views, and the required two-dimensional, M-Mode, and Doppler echocardiography data for a number of common disease states. Important clinical information is integrated with the principles of cardiovascular physiology.
- Addresses all the important clinical and technical issues and major exam topics
- Enhanced anatomic representation of ultrasound imaging planes
- Increased number of chapter-ending review questions
- NEW companion CD-ROM includes practice questions for the TEE certification exams
- An effective blend of narrative and bulleted text, charts, and graphs speeds access to key clinical information
- Important new chapters on 3D TEE, epicardial and epiaortic ultrasonography, TEE in the emergency room, training and certification in perioperative TEE, and the TEE board exam
- Valuable appendices detailing normal chamber dimensions and volumes, diastolic function, quantification of stenotic and regurgitant valves, hemodynamic calculations, and more
- Contributions from leading anesthesiologists, cardiologists, and cardiothoracic surgeons
- Perfect for review
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!