- Doug Elliott, RN, PhD, MAppSc(Nursing), BAppSc(Nursing), IC Cert, Professor of Nursing, Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, University of Technology, Sydney, NSW, Australia;
- Leanne Aitken, RN, ICCert, BHS(Nurs)(Hons), GCertMgt, GDipScM(ClinEpi), PhD, FRCNA, Professor of Critical Care Nursing, Griffith University and Princess Alexandra Hospital, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
- Wendy Chaboyer, RN, BSc(Nurs), MNurs(Alta), PhD(UQ), Director, Research Centre for Clinical Practice Innovation, Griffith University, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Critical care nurses in Australia and New Zealand assume responsibility for total patient management and care across a wide range of acute life-threatening medical and surgical conditions.
ACCCN’s Critical Care Nursing 2e has been fully revised and updated to provide detailed coverage of the specialty areas within critical care nursing including intensive care, emergency nursing, cardiac nursing, neuroscience nursing and acute care. The second edition reflects current clinical practice, policies, procedures and guidelines and encourages students to be reflective practitioners, ethical decision-makers and providers of evidence-based care.
Developed in conjunction with the Australian College of Critical Care Nurses (ACCCN), the text has been revised and edited by the most senior and experienced critical care nursing clinicians and academics across Australia and New Zealand.
- The only original and comprehensive critical care nursing text written specifically for students and nurses in Australia and New Zealand.
- Pedagogically rich chapters with learning objectives, key terms, case studies, practice tips, article abstracts, learning activities, research vignettes.
- Reflects current clinical practice, policies, procedures and guidelines for Australia and New Zealand.
- The text has a patient-centred approach and will provide students with a sound knowledge base and critical thinking skills.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!