- Randy W. Beck, BSc(Hons) DC PhD DACNB FAAFN FACFN, Senior Lecturer, Clinical Diagnosis and Neurology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Murdoch University, Perth, Australia; and Associate Professor, Clinical Neurology, Carrick Institute for Graduate Studies, Florida, USA; Director of the Institute of Functional Neuroscience Perth, Australia. Dr. Beck is a Fellow of the Australasian Academy of Functional Neurology and a Fellow of the American College of Functional Neurology.
Fuctional Neurology for Practitioners of Manual Medicine takes the reader from the embryonic beginnings of the nervous system, through the biochemistry of receptor activation and on to the functional systems of the nervous system. Concepts, relationships and scientific mechanisms of the nervous system function are covered, and this aids the practitioner in developing their clinical approach to a wide variety of patient presentations. The text is fully referenced, which allows the reader to immediately apply the concepts to practice situations. New for this edition are new chapters on pain (including headache) and theoretical evidence, plus extensive electronic resources supporting the text.
- Utilizes our understanding of how the nervous system works in the treatment of a variety of clinical conditions
- Demystifies the clinical results seen in the practice of Functional Neurology and scientifically validates its clinical success
- Addresses function rather than pathology, allowing the reader to gain a firm understanding of the neurological processes seen in health and disease
- Contains clinical cases which are designed to be read and answered before starting the chapter to allow the reader to gauge their current state of knowledge
- ‘Quick Facts’ introduce new concepts or allow rapid review of information already presented in the text in a brief and succinct manner
- Contains a detailed overview of the concepts relating to our understanding of the development of emotion to demonstrate the link between physical health and the mind
- Contains abundant references to support controversial concepts
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!