- Jim Wardrope, MB, ChB, FRCS, FFAEm, Emergency Medicine Consultant;
- Peter Driscoll, MBChB, BSC, MD, FFRCS, FFAEM, Consultant;
- Colville Laird, MB, ChB, DRCOG, FIMS, RCS(ED), General Practitioner and Director of Education Basics, Scotland
- Malcolm Woollard, MPH, MBA, MA(Ed), DipIMC(RCSEd), PGCE, RN, SRPara, FASI, Consultat Paramedic and Director, Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care Research Unit, Visiting Professor in Pre-hospital emergency Care, University of Teeside
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. It guides the decision-making process using a system of assessment that identifies those patients who need immediate life saving treatment and those who need hospital care. The book also concentrates on the assessment and management of the patients who will be managed in the community. It connects emergency care with the community and secondary care and places it firmly in the context of patient care pathways.
- guides the decision making process through a system that enables swift assessment of patients
- covers a wide range of presentations including chest pain; shortness of breath; paediatric emergencies; abdominal pain; ENT problems; itch and rash; care of the older patient; musculoskeletal problems; neurological problems; psychiatric problems
- explores ethical issues
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!