by Rhonda Nay, Sally Garratt
Now in its fourth edition trusted textbookOlder People: Issues and Innovations in Care provides a unique collection of conversations and commentaries by leading international and local experts on a range of contemporary issues around the care of older people.
Featuring six new chapters, current research and policy changes, the esteemed author team continue to highlight the importance of interdisciplinary healthcare in providing a comprehensive, person-centred approach to care.
This edition encourages readers to explore care issues, innovations and change, and to utilise evidence-based practice to improve the care of older people and their families.
• – Editors’ comments precede each chapter, providing a snapshot of the issues addressed.
• – Dementia care has an increased focus.
• New chapters include:
• – Caring for older people: issues for consumers
• – Younger people in residential aged care facilities
• – Health and care of older Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
• – Alzheimer’s dementia: neuropsychology, early diagnosis and intervention
• – Self-esteem, dignity and finding meaning in dementia
• – My journey of heartbreak: my parents and Alzheimer’s disease.
• – Vignettes highlight innovative approaches to care that result in improved health outcomes for older people.
• – Key points are woven through the text to reiterate vital information relevant to nurses and aged care workers.
• – Reflective questions encourage critical thinking as an instrument for improving practice.
• – In-text references are made to video interviews available on the Evolve site.
This text reflects new thinking in care; include the ideas and experiences of policy analysts, nurses, doctors, allied health professionals and the consumer experience mainly from Australia but with international contributions and be based on contemporary research. It will also point readers to ‘the evidence’ where it exists, and include vignettes of practice and ‘video’ clips where appropriate.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!