by Andrew Lechner
An innovative, organ-specific text that blends basic science with the fundamentals of clinical medicine
Part of the Human Organ Systems series, Respiratory: An Integrated Approach to Disease skillfully bridges the gap between the science and practice of medicine. This beautifully illustrated book seamlessly integrates the core elements of cell biology, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and pathology with clinical medicine. It is the perfect companion for medical students transitioning to their clinical years, as well as for practicing physicians who need a user-friendly update on the basic science underlying the practice of clinical medicine.
Features and highlights include:
- Detailed learning objectives clearly state learning goals
- Key concepts are emphasized in every chapter
- The latest developments in the field are incorporated throughout the text
- Numerous high-quality illustrations with detailed legends clarify important or difficult concepts
- Clinical Correlations highlight the clinical implications of basic science
- Each chapter is accompanied by an annotated bibliography to enhance the learning experience and provide an overview of the critical literature in the field
- End-of-chapter case-based questions with detailed explanations reinforce important concepts and assess understanding of the material
- A valuable Glossary of common phrases, terms, abbreviations, and acronyms
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!