by Carlos A. Roldan (Editor)
Selected as one of “The 2005 Great Books in Cardiology” by The American Journal of Cardiology®
This practical guide is designed to provide a complete echocardiography consultation in an easy, fast, and succinct manner.
You will find essential information for a range of commonly encountered pathologies. Discussions of each echo technique (M-mode, 2-D, Doppler TTE, and TEE) include best imaging planes, diagnostic methods, diagnostic formulas, key diagnostic features, data on accuracy and prognosis, and alerts to potential pitfalls.
In The Ultimate Echo Guide you’ll discover…
- Concise, straightforward text with bullet points allows you to access key information at a glance—a great time-saver for the busy clinician.
- Specific applications address the use of echo in the pregnant patient, echo parameters of poor prognosis, echo parameters indicating surgical and non-surgical intervention, intraoperative echo, and follow-up.
- Informative tables provide summary information for diagnostic methods, diagnostic accuracy, disease stratification, prognostic indicators, parameters indicating surgical or non-surgical intervention, and follow-up.
- Practical content concentrating on information needed for daily or routine echocardiographic performance and interpretation.
- More than 260 oversized high-resolution illustrations display the anatomy at actual size to enhance diagnostic features.
The Ultimate Echo Guide is also available electronically for PDAs. See PDA listing for details.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!