- Barbara J. Bain, FRACP, FRCPath, Professor of Diagnostic Haematology, St. Mary’s Hospital Campus of Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, London, UK;
- Imelda Bates, MD, FRCP, FRCPath, Senior Lecturer in Tropical Haematology, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK;
- Mike A Laffan, DM, FRCP, FRCPath, Professor of Haemostasis and Thrombosis, Division of Investigative Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine
- S. Mitchell Lewis, BSc, MD, FRCPath, DCP, FIBMS, Emeritus Reader in Haematology, University of London; Senior Research Fellow in Haematology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Highly Commended at 2012 BMA awards in Internal Medicine Category.
Recognized worldwide as the standard reference work, Dacie & Lewis Practical Haematology is a must have reference for any haematology laboratory. It covers all of the techniques used in the investigation of patients with blood disorders, including the latest technologies as well as the tried and true manual methods of measurement. It discusses the principles of each test, possible causes of error, the rationale for choosing one method over another and the interpretation, significance and clinical relevance of these findings. Each chapter conforms to a template, providing quick access to key information
- Concise and informative.Contains all the necessary instructions for performing and interpreting lab tests.
- Useful for any sized laboratory.Complete coverage of all levels of diagnostic testing—from the basic to the most advanced.
- Decision trees used for laboratory approach to clinical situations.Makes it easier for the reader to find critical information.
- Templated chapters. Makes information easier to read and locate.
- Color photos throughout.Provides accurate representation of critical laboratory findings
New To This Edition
- Brand new internationally respected editor, Professor Mike Laffan. Many new contributing authors. Brings fresh blood, fresh perspective to the content.
- Reorganized table of contents.Better integration of basic, advanced and supplemental diagnostic techniques.
- All chapters extensively revised and updated. Features the most current technology and research in biomedical techniques.
- Incorporated latest guidelines/recommendations from the International Council for Standardization in Haematology and the British Committee for Standards in Haematology. Makes it easier for labs to comply with increasing demands of accreditation and assessment.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!