- John WD McDonald, Professor of Medicine, Robarts Clinical Trials, Robarts Research Unit, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
- Andrew K Burroughs, Professor of Hepatology and Consultant Physician/Hepatologist, The Royal Free Sheila Sherlock Liver Centre, Royal Free Hospital, and University College London, London, UK
- Brian G Feagan, Professor of Medicine, Robarts Clinical Trials, Robarts Research Unit, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
- M Brian Fennerty, Professor of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Portland, Oregon, USA
The only evidence-based resource combining gastroenterology and hepatology, this major textbook critically appraises the evidence for diagnosis, screening, and treatment of gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases, and provides clear recommendations for management.
A unique feature is the grading of both the evidence (randomized controlled trials, systematic reviews, or lower quality trials) and the treatment recommendations. This structure provides the reader with valuable guidance on implementation.
The third edition has been fully revised, providing the latest reviews of the evidence. It is also enhanced with new topics that have significant evidence for treatment, including;
- Esinophilic esophagitis
- Acute dysenteries
- Prevention and treatment of travellers’ diarrhoea
- Frequency of adverse drug effects on bowel function
- Management of hepatitis B
- Management of Hepatitis C
- Vascular disorder of the liver
- Non invasive diagnosis of liver fibrosis
- Drug induced liver disease
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!