- Iain Hennessey, MBChB(Hons), BSc(Hons), MRCS, Senior House Officer, Neonatal Intensive Care, Royal United Hospital, Bath, UK;
- Alan Japp, MBChB(Hons), BSc(Hons), MRCP, Clinical Research Fellow, Department of Cardiovascular Research, University of Edinburgh, UK
Arterial blood gas analysis plays an indispensable role in the assessment and management of patients with a huge range of acute medical and surgical problems. Its importance as a key tool in the work-up of acutely unwell patients rivals that of the ECG and the chest x-ray. This book covers all aspects of the arterial blood gas in a simple, user-friendly manner. The first part explains the technique, the values obtained and common patterns of abnormalities, while the second part comprises a series of worked examples and case scenarios to allow the reader to put this system into practice.
- A practical guide written for all those using this test and interpreting the results.
- Utilises worked examples to allow the reader to gain confidence in interpreting ABGs and appreciate the usefulness of the test in a variety of different clinical settings.
- Written in a simple style and presenting the concepts in a straightforward manner.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!