- Kim Forrester, RN, BA, LLB (Advanced), PhD, Barrister at Law, Associate Professor, Faculty of Health Science and Medicine, Bond University, Queensland
- Debra Griffiths, RN, BA, LLB, LLM, PhD, Legal Practitioner, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences, Monash University, Victoria
The definitive medico-legal reference for medical students and practitioners in Australia
Essentials of Law for Medical Practitioners is a timely and authoritative reference focused on the requirements of medical students and practitioners.
This easy-to-read medico-legal text assumes no prior legal practice knowledge or experience, making it ideal for those new to the medical industry.
The content addresses matters relating to all Australian jurisdictions. It also provides a brief overview of the law in several practice areas, allowing practitioners to locate key information quickly.
Topical issues discussed in Essentials of Law for Medical Practitioners include privacy and confidentiality of patient information, medical negligence, fertility and reproductive technology, the laws regarding mental health issues and professional regulation and discipline.
- directed at current medical education
- includes learning objectives and key questions for each chapter
- applies knowledge to a clinical context and focuses on the application of clinical cases and legislation to practical situations
- assumes no prior legal knowledge
- identifies medico-legal issues for further discussion
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!