- Jessica Israel, MD, Chief, Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, Medical Director, Inpatient Hospice Unit, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, New Jersey
- Allan R Tunkel, MD, PhD, MACP, Chairman, Department of Internal Medicine, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, New Jersey
Complete, yet concise, Medicine: A Competency-Based Companion provides the core information you need to think like an experienced clinician during your medical rotation. This handy, pocket-sized medical reference book hones in on the must-know differential diagnoses of the common medical presentations and guides you through the most up-to-date and effective approaches to treatment, equipping you to excel.
- Take it with you! A portable, pocket-sized format places high-yield core information essential to internal medicine rotations right in your lab coat.
- Assess your progress with activities to promote retention and application of knowledge, including online access to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads).
- Master ACGME Core Competencies to integrate evidence-based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine.
- Understand and assimilate critical concepts more easily with “Speaking Intelligently” and “Clinical Thinking” features in clinical chapters to help you see the “big picture.”
- Quickly access the most common and must-know internal medicine signs/symptoms and disorders, conveniently organized by presentation.
- Grasp and retain vital information more easily thanks to “Teaching Visuals”-an interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts.
- Perform a more in-depth review of internal medicine topics with “Clinical Entities” that are referenced to Andreoli and Carpenter’s Cecil Essentials of Medicine, 8th edition.
- Access the full contents online at www.studentconsult.com where you’ll find the complete text and illustrations, “Integration Links” to bonus content in other Student Consult titles, an interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources, self-assessment competency log, vertical reads and much more!
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!