- Claire G. Nicholl, MB FRCP, Consultant Physician and Associate Lecturer, Department of Medicine for the Elderly, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, UK
- K. Jane Wilson, MB FRCP, Consultant Physician and Associate Lecturer, Department of Medicine for the Elderly, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, UK
Elderly Care Medicine Lecture Notes provides all the necessary information, within one short volume, for a sound introduction to the particular characteristics and needs of elderly patients.
Presented in a user-friendly format, combining readability with high-quality illustrations, this eighth edition has been thoroughly revised to reflect advances in knowledge on how disease presents in elderly people, and changes in management practice, particularly regarding stroke, dementia, delirium, and cancer.
New for this edition, Elderly Care Medicine Lecture Notes also features:
- More treatment tables and boxes throughout for rapid access and revision
- Expansion of material on polypharmacy and prescribing
- Discussion of emotional support, counselling and spirituality
- Advice for doctors on breaking bad news and end-of-life care
- Consideration of ethical and legal issues
A companion website at www.lecturenoteseries.com/elderlycaremed features appendices which can be used as guidelines in a clinical setting, key revision points for each chapter, further reading suggestions, and extended content for specialty training in geriatrics.
Not only is this book a great starting point to support initial teaching on the topic, but it is also easy to dip in and out of for reference or revision at the end of a module, rotation or final exams. Whether you need to develop or refresh your knowledge of geriatrics, Elderly Care Medicine Lecture Notes presents ‘need to know’ information for all those involved in treating elderly people.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!