- William H. Frishman, MD, MACP; Barbara and William Rosenthal Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine Chairman, and Professor of Pharmacology, New York Medical College; Director of Medicine, Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, New York
- Domenic A. Sica, MD; Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology, Chairman, Section of Clinical Pharmacology and Hypertension, Division of Nephrology, Virginia Commonwealth University
Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapeutics: Abridged and Updated provides current, on-the-spot information on how to use every approved cardiovascular drug in adults and children, and the scientific rationale for their clinical use. A clinical distillation of the editors’ comprehensive and highly respectedCardiovascular Pharmacotherapeutics 3rd edition textbook, this treatment-centered abridgement features:
- Indications, contraindications, dosage, side effects, pharmacokinetics, and adverse reactions for all approved cardiovascular drugs, including the newest therapeutic agents to become available
- Rationales and usage guidelines for therapeutic strategies
- Abundant tables and charts that summarize important clinical choices
- Handy appendices that review approved uses of cardiovascular agents and their pharmacologic characteristics
- Considerations for managing patients on multi-drug regimens
- Details on drug-drug interactions
- Updated information on alternative medicine approaches to cardiovascular disease
New with the third edition is an accompanying website, www.cvpct3.com, which highlights advances in cardiovascular drug therapy. Along with providing periodic updates to each chapter, including links to the latest studies, the site reviews cardiovascular drugs newly approved by the FDA for clinical use as well as drugs under investigation. Readers are invited to use the website to communicate directly with the book’s authors regarding topics related to cardiovascular drug use.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!